Winter selling tips!! There may be snow on the ground, but it isn’t a terrible time to sell. In fact, selling your home in the winter months has its own unique advantages. Fewer homes are on the market, which means less competition from other sellers. Plus, the people who are attending open houses and showings at this time of year tend to be more serious buyers.
Here are six selling tips to give your home a boost in the winter:
- As always, hire an expert REALTOR® that you trust to properly price and market your home.
- Tackle basic winter home maintenance issues before you list (seal those drafty doors!)
- Keep cleaning! Entryways can get particularly dirty as people come into your home for viewings.
- Keep pathways and entrances clear of ice and snow.
- Ask your REALTOR® for home staging tips to create a warm and welcoming atmosphere.
- Decorate for the season, but avoid hiding your home’s best features or creating a cluttered look.
A few extra tips from our REALTORS®
“Make sure you have good lighting as it is so dark in the winter and make sure your home is nice and warm” – Keven Braet
“Have some good summer pictures, prior to the snow if possible.” – Cameron McLeod
“Get all your junk out of the yard before it’s buried in snow so the new owners don’t have anything to complain about in the spring.” – Steve Andersen
Looking for a REALTOR® in Prince George, BC?
Our expert residential team would be delighted to assist you in your home selling or buying journey! Call us today at 250-563-1000 or use our contact form.